Dating in canary wharf

10-Dec-2017 05:35

William Chaucers father was a vintner and he himself appointed Richard IIIs Clerk of Works responsible for maintaining both Palaces at the Tower and Westminster as well as repairing the banks of the Thames between Woolwich and Greenwich, where at one time he had a house.(DLR Bank) The seat of Londons municipal government since the 12th century.Neither Barry nor Pugin were to live to see the new buildings completed.The famous tower and clock are known as Big Ben but this is in fact the name of the 16 ton bell which rings the hour.

It is also the tallest free-standing stone column in the world.Some parts date back to the 12th century when it was attached to a priory, it was here that John Harvard, who founded Harvard University, was christened in 1607 and where Shakespeares brother Edmond lies buried.Designed by Wren and completed in 1677, to commemorate the Great Fire of London of 1666.The present building was created in 1877 but the site, on one of the Citys earliest quays, had been Londons main fish market for over 900 years until its activities were relocated in more modern buildings (55) in the West India Docks (Canary Wharf).Europes largest commercial riverside development, comprises office buildings and Hays Galleria which opened in 1987 as a new shopping complex.

It is also the tallest free-standing stone column in the world.

Some parts date back to the 12th century when it was attached to a priory, it was here that John Harvard, who founded Harvard University, was christened in 1607 and where Shakespeares brother Edmond lies buried.

Designed by Wren and completed in 1677, to commemorate the Great Fire of London of 1666.

The present building was created in 1877 but the site, on one of the Citys earliest quays, had been Londons main fish market for over 900 years until its activities were relocated in more modern buildings (55) in the West India Docks (Canary Wharf).

Europes largest commercial riverside development, comprises office buildings and Hays Galleria which opened in 1987 as a new shopping complex.

Built in 1671 following the Great Fire as a Livery Hall for the Vintners Company.